Can I Transit In Two Schengen Countries?

The Schengen Area authorities created the Transit Schengen Visa to make it easier for non-EU citizens to travel when they have to land at an airport in the Schengen Area before taking a flight to a country that is not in the Schengen Area.

This blog will serve as a guide for applicants who have to travel from a Schengen country to a non-Schengen country without leaving the airport’s transit area.

However, for transit also applicants have to submit documents just like they submit in a routine visa application. The important documents for transit are a legal passport, Schengen visa dummy ticket, dummy travel insurance and dummy hotel booking etc.

Important Things You Need To Know About Transit

The applicants who need to land in more than one airport in the Schengen area should apply for a standard Schengen visa instead of a Transit Schengen visa.

Suppose a traveller is going to a Schengen member country, like Finland, and has to pass through another country, like Germany. In that case, getting a Transit Visa is unnecessary because the Schengen visa already lets the traveller enter any Schengen country.

What Do I Need To Do To Transit In Two Schengen Countries?

If you want your Schengen visa application reviewed, you must send in a few documents, just like when you ask for any other visa. Here are the documents you need to apply for a Transit Schengen visa, on top of the documents you need for any Schengen visa:

  • Your legal passport.
  • Application for an A-Visa for Schengen.
  • Two pictures that are the same and meet Schengen’s rules.
  • Proof that the Schengen entry fees were paid. The fee to apply for a Schengen Transit visa is approximately €80.
  • Biometric Data. This rule doesn’t apply to children, people with disabilities, or government workers.
  • Copies of any past visas, if you have had any.
  • A cover letter was written to the government from you. It would be best to say when you plan to go to the country, where you will stay, and what you will do there.
  • Round booking for Schengen visa dummy ticket
  • NOC Letter (required in some visa categories)
  • Apply for a visa to the country where your main trip goal is located.

If you’re going to more than one country in the Schengen area, you should apply to the Schengen country that has the most to do with why you’re going. It means: why are you going to the Schengen area in the first place.

One reason to move could be:

Business (tourism) trip to see family or friends

If you are going to a Schengen area country for more than one reason, decide your primary reason. It would be best if you get a Schengen visa for the country where your leading trip destination is.

It’s Essential To Tell The Difference Between Two Situations: 

  • transit through the international transit area of an airport (onward journey where you don’t leave the international transit area of the airport)
  • transit through the territory of a Member State, even if it’s just an airport (onward journey where you leave the international transit area of the airport).

Going to a Schengen State through an airport in another Schengen State is not considered an airport journey, nor is going to a country through two airports in the Schengen States. 
However, it is preferable if you have made a flight reservation and submit it to the travel agent so that he can help you with a transit visa. All trips between two or more Schengen countries are called “domestic.” Depending on your country of origin, you might need a short-stay visa to enter the Schengen area.

Leave a Comment